K3

Just thinking aloud...

Monday, May 09, 2005

STA MARIA!

When I was in fourth year high school, I was lucky to be among the delegates of the 1997 First Asia and the Pacific World Heritage Youth Forum in Beijing, China. The main essence of the conference is how to take care and maintian the World Heritage sites in our designated countries. Among the World Heritage Sites in the Philippines then were Banaue Rice Terraces, Molo Church in Iloilo and the Tubataha Reef I think near Palawan.

When we went to Vigan after our planning, we passed by the Sta. Maria Church. It was a very old church at the top of a very steep cemented stairs. Like other old churches in the country, it has a separate bell tower beide it.

I was so surprised to discover that it is a World Heritage Site...Wala lang, upon seeing it I travelled down the memory lane. My happy moments with my friends from China, Indonesia, India , Laos, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Malaysia, etc.

It's so weird because I felt "at home" in that church! I usually have goosebumps upon entering old churches but with this one, I felt differently.

When I entered the church, the very long aisle got my attention. Wala lang, napaisip lang ako, masarap siguro maglakad dun in a long beautiful white gown with the love of your life waiting near the altar and all of your family, relatives and friends surrounding you for that very special day. hehehehe...Panaginip...

Sta. Maria Talga oo!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Tish said…

    1997...grade 5 pa lang ako nun ah. :) Hehe. Hi Ate Kamille :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home